Association for
Professionals in Aging

Walk to End Alzheimer's - 10/3/2020

• Wednesday, September 02, 2020 12:55 PM
    Message # 9207515
    Anonymous

Hello, this is Kimberly Russell and I'm part of the committee that plans the Walk to End Alzheimer's.  I'm writing because I'm excited to let you know some new details about this year's Walk.  This year we are walking everywhere-- from small towns to downtowns and every sidewalk in between.  The world may look a bit different right now, but that hasn't changed our commitment to the fight against Alzheimer's and all dementias.  

Everyone's health and safety are our top priority, so we will not be having a large in-person gathering this year at Sawyer Point.  Instead, we are inviting small teams of friends and family to walk in their own community across the Tri-State.  This year's event on Saturday, Oct. 3 includes everything you love about the Cincinnati Tri-State Walk, plus some fun new surprises:

- Explore the Walk Mainstage-- a virtual experience where you can visit sponsor booths, connect with others, learn about Association resources and watch the Opening and Promise Garden Ceremony at 8:45 a.m. 

- At 9 a.m. everyone will Walk in their own neighborhood, raising awareness all across the community.  Participants can also download the Walk to End Alzheimer's mobile app to check progress and hear inspiring messages as they walk. 

- Visit the view-only Promise Garden drive-thru experience at Ault Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

You can register for the walk at alz.org/walk  -or-  if you would like to view my Walk page please visit: http://act.alz.org/goto/kimberlyrussell

If you have any questions, please let me know and I would be happy to help! 

Thank you!!

Kimberly Russell

Marketing Subcommittee Chair

Walk to End Alzheimer's Planning Committee

Phone: (513) 633-1562

Email: knrussell513@gmail.com

© 2024 Tristate APA
Association for Professionals in Aging, 7672 Montgomery Road, Suite 181, Cincinnati, OH 45236
 info@tristateapa.com

PRIVACY POLICY